for ordering Unicorn hardware and software from g.tec neurotechnology GmbH (short: g.tec), Sierningstrasse 14, 4521 Schiedlberg, Austria.
The Unicorn terms and conditions apply to all business done with g.tec neurotechnology GmbH and no other terms and conditions are accepted.
- Hardware and software orders are made via the www.unicorn-bi.com web-shop.
Hardware and software versions
- After the order is placed, a specific hardware and software version will be delivered. The specific hardware version will only work with the specific software version.
- Payments can be made via MasterCard, Visa or Maestro.
- Payments have to be made in advance via the web-shop.
- Prices are quoted in EURO. VAT is automatically calculated.
- Delivery costs are automatically calculated.
- After the receipt of the order and the payment, g.tec may send you a confirmation of the purchase order to confirm the sales contract. If g.tec does not accept the purchase, no confirmation will be issued and the payment will be refunded.
- The goods will be sent within 14 days after g.tec accepts the purchase order.
- Orders are shipped from g.tec neurotechnology GmbH, Herbersteinstrasse 60, 8020 Graz, Austria.
- Deliveries are sent ex works (EXW according to the Incoterms 2000).
Shipments normally take about 14 business days. Shipping may take longer during local holidays because manufacturers and couriers will have limited operations.
- g.tec does not accept any liability for delayed shipment.
- The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient’s country. Please note that import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. They are the responsibility of the customer and will be assessed by your customs office at the time of delivery.
Customs clearance procedures may be required, which may cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
- Customs offices in some countries require the importer of record to provide a particular form of identification before releasing a shipment. You may be required to provide an identification number.
- Please make sure all delivery information is correct, since we are unable to make changes to any information once the order has been submitted.
If you choose to abandon your shipment and/or fail to pay any duties and/or taxes assessed, you are not entitled to a refund or replacement, and you must pay any reshipment fees.
- Software shall be delivered electronically directly to your account upon receipt of payment if the purchase is completed.
- Cancellations must be requested within 24 hours of placing the order and can only be processed if your order has not yet been sent to our factory for fulfillment.
- In case of unforeseeable circumstances or circumstances beyond the parties’ control, such as all cases of force majeure, which impede compliance with the agreed period of delivery, the latter shall be extended in any case for the duration of such circumstances; these include in particular armed conflicts, official interventions and prohibitions, delays in transport or customs clearance, damages in transit, energy shortage and raw materials scarcity, labour disputes, and default on performance by a major component supplier. The aforesaid circumstances shall be deemed to prevail irrespective of whether they affect g.tec or its relevant subcontractor(s). If a contract cannot be executed due to circumstances beyond g.tec’s control, g.tec is no longer obligated to that contract.
- The risk of an unforeseeable degradation or decline of the goods is transferred to the customer as soon as the parcel service possesses the package.
- g.tec has the right to transact partial deliveries and to invoice such partial deliveries after prior consultation with the customer.
Software Refund Policy
- g.tec does not permit the return of or offer refunds for software.
Hardware Refund Policy
- g.tec allows the return of the hardware, if the device was not used and is in proper condition within 14 days after receipt of the goods. The customer has to pay for the return shipment.
- Warranty in the EU is 6 months, and 30 days in all other countries, for the Unicorn Brain Interface. The Unicorn Hybrid EEG Electrodes, Unicorn Gel and the disposable Unicorn Sticky Electrodes are consumables. Only use parts from g.tec to operate the device.
- Warranty is invalidated if anyone except a g.tec employee opens or disassembles any components of the Unicorn.
- Warranty only applies for properly used devices. The Unicorn Brain Interface is an electronic device with an integrated Li-Ion battery and must be treated correctly according to the Unicorn User Manual.
- Please send a clear photo or video of the damaged or defective product. Then, g.tec will send you and RMA number and RMA documents for sending the devices for repair. g.tec will not accept returns without an RMA number.
- The customer will be informed about repair costs before the repair is done. The customer has to confirm acceptance of the repair cost before commencing repair.
- The shipment is billed to the customer.
- Software errors can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The liability for indirect damages, lost profit, economic loss, damages by service interruption, losses of data, and losses of interest as well as damages resulting of third-party claims against the customer is unconditionally excluded.
- Any problems must be reported within 7 days after the receipt of the goods. Failure to report problems within seven days may affect the warranty.
- Outside the product liability act, g.tec’s liability is limited to deliberate intention and gross carelessness.
- g.tec holds all property rights of the Unicorn Brain Interface. Any reverse engineering or copying of the device is prohibited.
Place of Venue and Applicable Law
- Place of venue is Austria, Landesgericht Graz.
- The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods does not apply.
- Applicable law: Austria (without UN United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods)
Alternative Dispute Resolution in accordance with Art. 14 (1) ODR-VO and § 36 VSBG:
The european commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS) which is accessible at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. We are not obliged nor willing to participate in dispute settlement proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.